Thursday, May 30, 2013

Paramore 'Pressure' and 'Emergency' (Throwback Thursday)

Hey guys, missed the last two week's, sorry! I have a bigger work load now...here we go!

I feel like these songs are twins that can't be played without the other. 

Paramore's first album, All We Know is Falling, came out in 2005 and I believe Haley Williams was only 16 at the time. The album is so mature and well done for such a young band.

I remember the buzz Paramore had when this album came out. Hayley was like the savior for chicks who liked to rock out, and I guess she still kind of is. Now the group is a little more crowded. I think just about every guy had a crush on her too...me included. 

It wasn't until their next album, 2007's, RIOT!, that they really exploded and became mainstream. However, good on Paramore for never fully going mainstream in the "sell out" way, their music still has an edge to it, and still feels distinctly them. Maybe quite simply it's their aging in the last eight years. Wow, eight years...

Anyway, without further adieu, "Emergency" and "Pressure," my favorite two Paramore songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments and feedback below. I'd love to hear your feedback whether positive or negative, and I always respond. Thanks for reading!